What you get with ArcGIS for Windows Mobile
ArcGIS for Windows Mobile is a suite of components for designing mobile projects, deploying them to your field devices, editing new or existing data in the field, and synchronizing your field edits with your geodatabase. It leverages core ArcGIS for Desktop functionality for designing your geodatabase, preparing your data for use in the field, and publishing services for use in a connected workflow.
One license of ArcGIS for Windows Mobile is included with a license of ArcGIS for Desktop. This license allows for one installation of the desktop components (Mobile Tools geoprocessing toolbox and the Mobile Project Center) and one deployment to a single field device. ArcGIS for Desktop customers can supplement their single ArcGIS for Windows Mobile license by purchasing additional licenses in bundles of five or fifty.
Unlimited licenses of ArcGIS for Windows Mobile are included with an ArcGIS for Server Advanced Enterprise license. For ArcGIS for Server Advanced Workgroup and Standard Enterprise licenses, ArcGIS for Windows Mobile licenses can be purchased in bundles of five or fifty.
For system requirements, see the online topic, ArcGIS Mobile System Requirements.
ArcGIS for Windows Mobile installation
Included in the installation are the following:
- Mobile Project Center—A stand-alone application that runs on your PC. It enables the process of creating, configuring, and deploying projects to your field devices based on projects built from the data you prepared in ArcGIS for Desktop. It lets you configure your project to define the specific field tasks you want. It supports both ArcGIS for Desktop (disconnected) and ArcGIS Server (connected) workflows.
- Mobile Tools Geoprocessing toolbox—Desktop tools for creating a mobile cache and synchronizing your field edits with the parent geodatabase.
- Two ready-to-deploy field applications for inspecting and editing data in the field on a mobile device:
- The ArcGIS application running on Windows tablet and notebook devices
- The ArcGIS application running on Windows Mobile devices (or Windows Embedded Hand-held devices)
ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Windows Mobile installation
ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Windows Mobile is provided for developers who want to extend the field applications, design their own application, or embed ArcGIS capabilities into existing applications.
The ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Windows Mobile includes:
- Templates and .NET Assemblies that integrate into Microsoft Visual Studio 2008
- Conceptual API reference
- Sample applications
The SDK installation program requires that you have installed Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 SP1 or higher.
StreetMap for Windows Mobile
In addition to the main installation programs, StreetMap for Windows Mobile is offered with ArcGIS for Windows Mobile. StreetMap for Windows Mobile is a vector dataset comprised of detailed streets and points of interest that can be added as a basemap. You can use the included data extractor to extract data for the extent of your project. The data can be added to the Mobile Project Center to provide background data for your field project, or to support geocoding and turn-by-turn routing. One license of StreetMap for Windows Mobile comes with each included ArcGIS for Windows Mobile license with the purchase of ArcGIS for Desktop. For ArcGIS for Server Enterprise Advanced licenses, one hundred StreetMap for Windows Mobile licenses are included. Additional licenses can be purchased in bundles of five or fifty. StreetMap for Windows Mobile is available for entitles via the Esri Customer Care portal and on DVD by request.